Thai Pineapple Curry
This would probably be better with shrimp.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (if using concentrated use 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless - sliced thinly
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- Heat the saucepan on medium high heat and add the canola oil.
- Add the curry paste and whisk well, cooking it for 1-2 minutes until it starts to get foamy.
- Add in the coconut milk and whisk well.
- Add in the chicken, Thai basil, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, sugar and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add in the red bell pepper, cornstarch mixture and pineapple chunks and cook until the sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.