- 6 eggs
- 2 + 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground or grated (fresh is best)
- Begin with pre-chilled ingredients for the greatest end result.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs together hard until they’re very frothy.
- Add sugar and continue beating.
- Sprinkle in nutmeg and vanilla.
- Continue beating.
- A little at a time, add in the whipping cream, continuing to beat.
- Again, only a little at a time, beat in the milk.
- Finally, beat in the rum and brandy.
- Put the eggnog in the fridge to chill for 1 or 2 hours.
- Serve cold.