This may have once been called a “web directory.” What follows is a set of links to pages around the web that I find interesting.
- Tilde Town - my “tilde” website,
~sithlord, where I post random experiments and toys.
- SpaceHey - my page on spacehey, a clone of MySpace as it existed in 2007.
- Neocities - my page on NeoCities. It’s just for random RPG junk.
- Tabletop Role-Playing Game Generators - a web directory I maintain for TTRPG content generators.
- Butterick’s Practical Typography — a definitive guide to typography
Food and Drink
- Supercook — a website that recommends recipes based on your ingredients
- Webtender — a mixology site, including a cool feature that gives you recipes based on what you have in your bar
- Algorithms for Procedural Content Generation — a bunch of algorithms
- Here Dragons Abound — a blog by a procedural map generator creator
- Red Blob Games — tutorials and interactive lessons on procedural generation, especially for games
Tabletop Role-Playing Games
- Forbidden Lands — a dark fantasy RPG with gorgeous production values
- Shadow of the Demon Lord — a really dark fantasy RPG with tons of content
- Uncharted Worlds — a freeform space opera RPG
- Tabletop Role-Playing Game Generators — a link directory for generator tools for RPGs
- Iron Arachne — this is my own site devoted to such things!
- Eigengrau’s Generator — one of my favorite generators
- & Magazine map generation tools
- Chaotic Shiny — a TON of tools, many of which covers areas the others don’t (e.g., culture generator)
- d20 SRD World Generator
- Dave’s Mapper
- donjon — a wide variety of tools
- Fantasy Name Generators (also check out the Planet Description Generator on the same site)
- Hexographer — a hex-based map tool
- Last Gasp Generators
- Planet Designer — calculate realistic stats for a planet
- Procedural Name Generator
- Seventh Sanctum
- Springhole Worldbuilding Generators
- WorldMaster — one of the (maybe THE) first programmatic generators out there